Electric fireplaces provide flair and ambiance to a room. The heat output, normally 5,000 Btu's, makes little impact on the temperature of the room. Over the last 10 years, the styles, options, quality and appearance of electric fireplaces has improved dramatically. There are no restrictions on the locations electric fireplaces may be used in a home. They can be installed inside an existing fireplace, as a component of a tv console, along the wall with a wood surround, mounted onto a wall surface or recessed into a wall cavity. The most common advantages to using electric fireplaces over other technologies are:
- There is no gas to the home or the desired location of the fireplace.
- Can easily be moved within the house or to a new home.
- More energy efficient than other technologies.
- Safe for children and adults alike.
- No potential of combustion gas into the house.
- Ease and flexibility of installation.
- There are no clearance restrictions for combustible materials around the fireplace.
- Adds minimum heat to the room.