FIREPLACE SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Godby Hearth & Home is currently seeking qualified individuals interested in joining the team as a Fireplace Service Technician. Previous experience in HVAC, plumbing or fireplace service background is preferred, but we will consider training motivated, enthusiastic and hard-working individuals who consider customer service a #1 priority.
Godby has established itself as the destination for high quality products and service unparalleled in the residential construction industry. We employ only full-time, year-round employees (no contractors or subs) in order to provide the highest level of sales, installation and service to our customers. Employment benefits include, paid vacations, ongoing technical and vendor training and a competitive pay package. Starting Salary: $14 per hour (depending on experience)
Candidates must have a positive, can do attitude, strong customer service and communication skills, be attentive to details and be able to meet deadlines. Candidates must also be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Use diagnostic tools to diagnose and repair gas, electric, pellet and wood fireplace components to resolve operating problems according to manufacturers specifications, including but not limited to ignition systems, gas pressures, venting, mechanical, and house pressure.
- Initiate fireplace "start ups" and perform homeowner orientations .
- Maintain effective and timely communication with internal and external customers to ensure services are completed, meet quality standards and achives customer satisfaction.
- Learn Godby's product line in order to sell after market service parts, products, and accessories to consumers
- This is a 40+ hours per week job.
Start time is 7:30 - work until job is finished.
Overtime is always available in fall and the winter busy season.
- Follow O.S.H.A. standards
- Perform quality work in compliance with Godby's products and service
- Develop knowledge of new and older appliances and assorted fireplace technologies
- Knowledge of applicable building, mechanical and plumbing codes that impact fireplace work.
- Make repairs and adjustments that meet or exceed the current building codes.
- Must be DEPENDABLE
- Ability to use and understand a manometer, multimeter and gas detector
- A strong attitude to solve problems
- Able to sell service and products
- Woodworking, carpentry and sheet metal skills are a plus
- Not afraid of heights
- Able to lift a minimum of 80 lbs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
- able to perform work unsupervised
- Able to work at a fast pace
- Must have experience with and own cordless power and hand tools
- Valid drivers license - no DUI in background check (insurance requirement)
- Able to pass a background and drug test
- Professionalism is a mus
This position has the potential to grow into other career opportunities within our company. We are looking for individuals who want to make a career out of working at Godby Hearth & Home!