Are you ready to turn your outdated bathroom into a soothing escape? One of the most impactful changes you can make is installing a custom shower door!
But, where do you start? Here are some things to consider to help you plan, select and begin creating your custom shower space.
Assessing Your Space and Requirements
Before diving into the details of each shower door type, start by evaluating your bathroom space and personal preferences. Consider factors such as:
- Available space: Measure the dimensions of your shower area, considering any obstructions or layout limitations.
- Aesthetics: Think about the overall design and style you want to achieve in your bathroom. The shower door should complement the existing decor.
- Accessibility: Consider the needs of all users.
- Budget: Determine your budget for the project, as this will play a role in your final decision.
Choosing your door style
At Godby Hearth & Home, we specialize in three different styles of shower doors: hinge, bypass and pivot. You will want to learn about the functionality and benefits of each one to select the one that is right for your space and needs.
- Hinge Shower Doors
Hinge shower doors are a popular choice for those seeking a sleek and modern look. They are usually mounted on one side and swing outward like a regular door. Here are some key features and benefits of hinge shower doors:
- Space-saving: Hinge doors open outward, which means they don’t require extra space inside the shower area. This makes them ideal for smaller showers.
- Sealing and leak prevention: Hinge doors typically provide a better seal than other options, reducing the chances of water leaking outside the shower.
- Customization: Hinge shower doors are available in various sizes and designs, allowing you to find the perfect fit for your shower space.
- Bypass Shower Doors
Bypass shower doors, also known as sliding doors, consist of two or more panels that slide past each other on tracks. These doors are a great choice for bathrooms with limited space or where a swinging door may not be feasible. Consider the following advantages of bypass shower doors:
- Space-efficient: Bypass doors slide along tracks, requiring no additional space to swing open. They are an excellent choice for smaller bathrooms or tight spaces.
- Easy to clean: With fewer hinges and components, bypass doors are relatively easy to maintain and clean.
- Contemporary look: Bypass Barn style or roller doors offer a modern and minimalist aesthetic that can complement various bathroom styles.
- Pivot Shower Doors
Pivot shower doors, also known as swinging or hinge-less doors, rotate on a pivot hinge to open and close. They offer a unique and contemporary look to your shower enclosure. Here are some benefits of pivot shower doors:
- Wide entry: Pivot doors often provide a wider opening compared to other types, making them more accessible and accommodating for larger individuals.
- Design versatility: Pivot doors are available in various configurations, allowing you to choose between a single panel or a two-panel design.
- Stability: Pivot doors are generally sturdy and well-balanced, ensuring a smooth swinging motion.
Are you ready to enhance your shower?
Upgrading your bathroom with a custom shower door or enclosure is a fantastic way to add value and style to your home. Whether you choose a hinge, bypass, or pivot shower door, each option has its unique benefits. Our team is here to help you with selecting the right option that fits your space and allows you to enjoy a luxury, refreshing experience every time you step into your shower.